7.05.2009

Bolt

First off, I just want to say that my comments were broken and I didn't even know it! So, sorry if you tried to post comments and it didn't work... Thanks Emma for letting me know. :] Okay, back to the movies:

Oh Disney Animation Studios, why did I doubt you so? I thought that Bolt was not going to be amazing... I thought it was going to be a flop. I thought the inclusion of Miley Cyrus alone would sink it straight to the bottom. Boy, was I wrong.

I absolutely loved this movie.

The movie starts out with Penny, played by Miley Cyrus, getting a frantic call from her dad. OH NOEZ! He's been kidnapped! Luckily, he's a smart cookie and equipped her dog, Bolt, with some super-abilities. Penny and Bolt then go to rescue her dad but get caught by Dr. Calico (AKA the green-eyed man) and his henchman. Bolt uses his superpowers to save the day, and right as Bolt and Penny are about to drive off into the victorious sunset... we learn the whole action movie is *gasp* A MOVIE SET. But, (plot twist) Bolt thinks it's real! After a quick chat with head honchos from the network, the director realizes Bolt can't save the day every single show. So, in the next episode, Penny is "captured" by Dr. Calico... and the scene ends with a cliffhanger. Bolt, thinking Penny is really in danger, freaks out big time and flees the set, looking to rescue her from the green-eyed man.

While running off the set, Bolt somehow manages to get knocked unconscious into a box getting shipped to New York (yes, I've been in a New York mood lately...). He wakes up in NYC, still trying to rescue Penny, and realizes that his powers don't work. He blames the styrofoam.(obviously.) Bolt runs into the coolest pidgeons EVER looking for "the green-eyed man" and his cat. The pidgeons then lead him to Mittens, a sassy New Yorker. After Bolt convinces (AKA holds her over the Long Island Expressway) Mittens to travel with him, they go on a cross-country adventure back to Hollywood. Along the way, they pick up a hamster named Rhino. Rhino loves Bolt like a preteen loves Edward Cullen, and he also thinks Bolt has real superpowers. However, Mittens finally realizes that Bolt is an actor, and clues him into reality. Once everyone gets over themselves, they have a lovey-dovey trip back to hollywood.

Bolt finally gets back to Hollywood (with a cute song AND montage OMG) but... Penny has already replaced Bolt with another dog! Or so he thinks. But Mittens sees that Penny is heartbroken and makes Bolt go back and see Penny. Just as Penny's scene is about to end and happy reunions will begin, the replacement Bolt *coughamateurcough* knocks over a fiery torch and the whole set is aflame. The real Bolt comes to the rescue... and well, you can see the rest for yourselves.

I thought this movie was really great, and my mom and sister loved it too! The best part: Miley Cyrus's character is only in half the movie! Because really, my ears were bleeding.

1 comment:

  1. I havent seen this one yet, I kinda got bored with the pixar movies. First on my list though is UP!

    ReplyDelete