6.02.2009

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

Try getting this song out of your head!

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad are two very interesting half-hour cartoons. Not one of my favorite Disney creations, but very entertaining. One of the absolute best parts was being able to hear Bing Crosby (of
White Christmas fame--one of my favorite non-Disney movies!) narrate The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Besides Mr. Crosby, the part that really seals the deal is that there are TWO bonus cartoons in the special features section of the DVD. The first cartoon, Susie the Little Blue Coupe, is a wonderful surprise that's only attainable by playing the incredibly easy trivia game found in the special features. The Lonesome Ghosts (video below) is included on the special features, just click and watch!

What this movie brought Disneyland:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! My mom's favorite ride in the park. This is a great dark ride, and I think I'll enjoy it more now that I've seen the cartoon. I have always wanted those cute frog lamps that decorate the end of the ride...


The old school Mickey Mouse head really creeps me out! Which makes walking through California Adventure awkward...

2 comments:

  1. I remember that Mickey Mouse cartoon! We used to have these really old VHS tapes with old Disney cartoons, and that one was one there. Can you find that one where Goofy, Mickey, and Donald have to go and fix the clock? That one is HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see what I can do! :]

    ReplyDelete